Job Posting #08152017 | Posted on: Aug 15, 2017
Jr. Graphic/UX Designer Co-op
Are you passionate about design and UX? Do you enjoy working creatively alongside a team? Do you get excited when you witness a user go through the flow you’ve designed? Are you looking for an awesome co-op term experience! This position might be just perfect for you! As a Junior Graphic Designer, you will help conceptualize and execute marketing collateral, as well as create useful, easy-to-use and engaging design for our digital products, in line with ClientDesk’s and its clients brand strategy and product plans. You will work with the team to come up with creative concepts and have a strong grasp of latest industry trends and technologies.
The “Perfect Candidate”
- One to two years of experience in a graphic design and/or UX role with a strong portfolio showcasing your work.
- The desire to challenge the norm and create impact.
- A strong passion for all aspects of brand, design and UX.
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry-leading design software and technologies.
- The ability to work quickly, efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Work with our product and marketing teams to identify opportunities where design improvement can create business value.
- Use wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and other methods to communicate your design concepts with the team.
- Spearhead new designs for future platform builds and iterations
- Design effective and on-brand artwork and layouts for various marketing communication materials, including digital assets and direct marketing collateral.
- Ensure a seamless user experience across multiple channels (web, mobile, email)
- Assist in the development and implementation of client platform rollouts.
- Participate in up-front collaborative project meetings to review scope and understand creative design requests and needs.
Experience & Skills
- BA or post-secondary certification in Graphic Design or another related degree.
- 1–2 years of agency or in-house experience an asset
- Must have a portfolio and share with ClientDesk with your CV
- Proficiency with design and UX tools such Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Great written and verbal communication
- Good time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Works well with others and also independently with minimal management
- Attention to Detail
- Strong creative and marketing drive
- Get involved with a innovative funded team digitizing the insurance sector
- Work with a company accelerated by Ryerson Futures Inc
- Working space at the heart of the Startup Area in Downtown Toronto
- Working in a company that is in the midst of evolving an archaic industry
- Access to insurance expertise and perks
We expect our candidates to be:
- Committed, driven and self-motivated
- A “design junkie” with the ability to create innovative solutions
- Love working in a startup and team-based environment
- Loves the Eat – Sleep – Design mantra
Please send your Resume + Portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org